Evaluates intersections (ray + polygon)

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 20/11/2008 at 18:12, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.111 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hello.

I need the functions of the XPresso-Node "RayCollision" in my C.O.F.F.E.E.-Script. Is it possible? I just found the class "GeRayCollider" in the C++SDK. It needs the "lib_collider.h"-file?
    Thats why it doesn´t work in an CoffeeExpressionTag, does it?

thanks, René

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 21/11/2008 at 03:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

In COFFEE it does not work that easy. You will need to write your own collision functions I think. There are tons of examples on the internet though, search with google. It will help. :)

On 21/11/2008 at 07:36, xxxxxxxx wrote:

"write your own collision functions..."
    It is a good idea, but sorry... I am a beginner. At the moment I have no idea...

"tons of examples..."
    Where and how can one find these? Could you show me one example, please? Perhaps I used so far the wrong search words. I didn´t find no results on...

plugincafe.com, cgtalk.com, tutorials.de, cgnetwork.de

René

On 22/11/2008 at 04:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I think the function "TraceGeometry" could help me, because it makes something similar. But it is not to become shader. Unfortunately I find no functioning example. Questions are not answered often. I need help or a reference. Thank you.

René

On 22/11/2008 at 08:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

This is a super site for understanding geometry : http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/geometry/

Best

oli_d

On 22/11/2008 at 08:17, xxxxxxxx wrote:

As 3D Designer said there is no GeRayCollider in COFFEE. You have to write your own collision detection. Unfortunatly this is beyond the scope of the SDK support.

cheers,
    Matthias