Passed Time

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 19/06/2008 at 13:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.5 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hey

I wonder how this nice little timer is made, that shows up to the bottom left of the C4D GUI when a rendering starts.

For general I just want to know, how to implement something to grab the time passed between plugin start and the return result from the main routine. In my case I want to grab the calculation time of the mesh and display it somehow (on the wishlist is a stylish timer like the renering one, but I also use the time diplayed with GePrint())

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 19/06/2008 at 16:50, xxxxxxxx wrote:

For time passage, I use GeGetTimer(). This returns the current time in milliseconds.

When you want to start timing, do this:

LONG starttime = GeGetTimer();

When you want to get the end time, do something like this (here I'm printing seconds elapsed) :

GePrint("Keyframing Time: "+RealToString((GeGetTimer()-starttime) * 0.001)+" seconds");

Or simply:

LONG endtime = GeGetTimer();
    LONG elapsed = endtime-starttime;

As for the other part, use a ProgressBar with StatusSetBar(). This won't be in the Picture window for the external render like Cinema 4D but where the user has the Status bar (usually at the bottom).

On 20/06/2008 at 05:34, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks Robert, thats what I needed :>