Starting development with astrofish's tut

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 01/04/2008 at 04:20, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.5 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi,
    I am new to c4d-plugin development, trying to make Steve Baines tutorial.
    My experiences are mostly in C# and some basics in c++, c and java. So my Problems at the end are about 70 errors during linking, code seems to be fine:

MyTag.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall String::GetLength(void)const " (?GetLength@String@@QBEJXZ) referenced in function "public: int __thiscall String::Content(void)const " (?Content@String@@QBEHXZ)

and so on...

Since I got the SDK compiled, I don't know what went wrong after "updating the project files" in the the astrofish-tutorial.

Best Regards
    Sascha

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 01/04/2008 at 06:52, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi!

What compiler do you use?

On 01/04/2008 at 06:53, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

it seems that the C4D SDK is not properly linked to you plugins.

Are you using Visual Studio 2008?

regards,
    Remo

On 02/04/2008 at 04:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi

Yes I am using VS C++ 2008 EE.
    I made a copy of the (errorfree compilable) SDK, renamed it and removed, like S. Baines, to get only the tag.cpp, the main and its appropriate ressource files.

Best
    Sascha