Loading a Fresnel and Brickshader?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 26/12/2007 at 15:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.5 
    Platform:      Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hello,

I know how to create and assign a new material to an object in COFFEE. I also know how ot enable different channels and how to play with their settings. Loading a texture also is possible.

But how do you load 1) a Fresnel and 2) a Brickshader? Is it also possible to change the settings of the Brickshader in COFFEE?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 27/12/2007 at 13:38, xxxxxxxx wrote:

No one? Is this not possible in COFFEE?

On 28/12/2007 at 09:49, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I am not sure if it´s possible to add a channel shader via COFFEE. You can define a texture like so in the BaseChannel (see docs for more info on BaseChannels) :

var bump = doc->GetChannel(CHANNEL_BUMP);
    var bumpBc = bump->GetContainer();
    bumpBc->SetData(CH_TEXTURE, "foo.tif");
    bump->SetContainer(bumpBc);

There is GetShaderContainer() and SetShaderContainer(). This should be the functions you need to use. Create a brick shader in c4d and read out the shader container to see how it is built up, then you may be able to recreate and set it customly.