RangeMapper function in C.O.F.F.E.E.?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 13/07/2007 at 16:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.111 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;   XPRESSO  ;

---------
    Hi,

I wondered if there is some function in C.O.F.F.E.E. that works like the RangeMapper node in XPresso. Especially I am looking for a possibility to use a spline curve , just like in the node.

Is there anything I could use?

Best regards,
    Jack

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 16/07/2007 at 01:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

no, you have to write your own. you could use a dummy splineobject to read out interpolated inbetween points though. as long as you don't insert it into the document it will be invisible to the user.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 16/07/2007 at 02:03, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Matthias,

I was hoping for an answer from you ;-)
    Actually, I take the occasion as a good reason to get into C++

And there I immediately get new problems with VisualC++ 2005 Express. Maybe you'll here from me some more times.

Best regards from Braunschweig,
    Frank

On 20/07/2007 at 07:14, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy,

A range mapper is fairly easy to code:

if((inMax-inMin) != 0)   //Check for division by 0  
    {  
           mix = (input-inMin)/(inMax-inMin);  
    }  
    else  
    {  
          mix = 0;  
    }  
    output = outMin + mix * (outMax-outMin);  

Adios,
    Cactus Dan

On 23/07/2007 at 00:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey Dan,

yeah, without the spline function, it is quite easy. Thanks for the code! But since I want to use especially the spline of the Range Mapper node, I can't use it.

Anyway I started learning C++ for CINEMA 4D SDK (learning by doing), so I will do everything different as I planned.

Thanks for your help!

Greetings,
    Frank