AnimateObject / GetMg

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 11/05/2007 at 20:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
Cinema 4D Version:   9.6+ 
Platform:   Windows  ; Mac  ;  Mac OSX  ; 
Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
Hi all,

i'm inside VP_INNER.

Good place to play.. :)

I need to calculate the true motion blur, this mean that the mblur take account of trajectories.

So i can't use motion_delta, because i can reconstruct only 2 points of my motion.
So i used AnimateObject.

All is ok.. but when i use a virtual object like a sphere, the sphere->GetMg() don't change with the AnimateObject call.

Because: GetMg()
"The will only work if the object is attached to a document. Virtual objects in caches and deform caches are not attached to a document, so this function cannot be used for those objects."

When i make it editable, all ok :)

I'm getting the

BaseObject *myObj = Vd->GetObj(n)->link;
BaseDocument *myDoc = myObj->GetDocument();
myDoc->AnimateObject(myObj, myTime, flag);
Matrix m = myDoc->GetMg(); <-- this is my prob.

any suggestion to get the matrix from here?

thanks in advance
Renato

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 13/05/2007 at 10:10, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all

can i know how these function work from BaseObjects?
These functions seem related to virtual objects.

void SetOrigin(BaseObject* origin);
BaseObject* GetOrigin(Bool safe);
BaseObject* GetTopOrigin(Bool parent, Bool safe);
BaseObject* GetEditObject(BaseObject** psds, LONG state);

Thanks
Renato

On 14/05/2007 at 03:13, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Do you use AnimateObject within VP_INNER? I am not sure this is safe to do, at least not with the original document.

cheers,
Matthias

On 14/05/2007 at 03:14, xxxxxxxx wrote:

The SetOrigin, GetOrign, GetTopOrigin and GetEditObject functions are private and shouldn't be used by plugin developers.

cheers,
Matthias

On 14/05/2007 at 04:15, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok Matthias.

What's way i need to get to calculate the trajectory of an RayObject if i can't get the real object?

Thanks
Renato

On 14/05/2007 at 06:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I don't think this is possible with RayObjects. You probably have to do this outside of the videopost. I know that Final Render calculates some sort of prepass but I don't know if they do this within a videopost since I don't have access to Final render.

cheers,
Matthias

On 14/05/2007 at 07:46, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok, i'll think another way to do it.

but i've tried the GetTopOrigin(Bool parent, Bool safe);

and seem to return the real BaseObject that generated the Virtual objecs. Why this function must not be to used?

Cheers
Renato

On 15/05/2007 at 01:51, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I talked with the developers about the motion blur issue and the way to get your subsamples is to clone the document and manually step through it.

cheers,
Matthias

On 15/05/2007 at 01:56, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Matthias.

About getting the BaseObject from rayobject?
If it's a virtual objects i can't get real reference to it.

Thanks
Renato

On 15/05/2007 at 02:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:

no, you have to clone your complete document and work with the clone. there you have access to the real objects. step through the document with SetTime and AnimateDocument.

cheers,
Matthias

On 15/05/2007 at 02:55, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok Matthias,

but.. when i'll be in VP_INNER and i'm exporting all objects.. it's when i must pass the subsampled matrix for each object.
So, how i can know from a Rayobject what's the link if this rayobject is a Virtual Object generated?

Cheers
Renato