Custom Object Type

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/04/2007 at 12:25, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Is that right, that I can't create custom object type with C.O.F.F.E.E.? I need an object with new custom property page, and custom icon.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/04/2007 at 12:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

no, it´s not possible. Object´s are not possible with COFFEE.

On 24/04/2007 at 10:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

That's bad...
    Is there a way to create new page of properties for tags? Or it's only works with dialogs called by double cliks?

On 24/04/2007 at 12:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You have to make a plugin tag - one cannot add to the built-in types (in COFFEE or C++).

My suggestion - you want to make a plugin object, learn C++. ;) COFFEE is very limited in what it can do, unfortunately.

On 24/04/2007 at 12:37, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I know C++, at least enough to make this plug-in, but I don't want install VS2005 just to make some simple plug-in. I tough COFFEE is enough. I wonder, what for COFFEE exist at all.

On 24/04/2007 at 12:44, xxxxxxxx wrote:

While I agree, I think that Maxon's take on COFFEE is more as a script interface and not a full plugin environment. It is amazing that there is plugin tag and shader support as it is (though even they recommend using C++ for shader plugins instead).

Being that COFFEE is an interpreted script language, it is possible that they consider things such as objects to be too time critical (like shaders).