THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED
On 22/01/2007 at 09:10, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Cinema 4D Version: 9.6
Platform: Windows ;
Language(s) : C.O.F.F.E.E ;
I have an expression-coffetag and a align to spline-tag on a null-object. The coffeexpressiontag calulates the percentage-value of the align-to-spline-tags' position. In my editor view, everything seems fine, any step of the sequencer causes my figure to move on the spline correctely.But when I render, the figure does not move anymore. I am sorry if this is a silly question, but I could not figure out, what I made wrong. All switches for calulcation of the expressions in my editor are active and I cannot find something in my rendersettings that may stop the execution of my coffeexpressiontag. I am sure it is not a big problem but I seem to be too silly to figure it out myself. So I would be grateful for any hint.
Thanks in advance,
On 24/01/2007 at 04:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:
seems to be a more general problem. I tried to replace the coffeetag against Xpresso, and it is the same matter.The object moves along the spline in the dirot correctely and does not move at all during rendering.
When I create a paramtertrack for the tack and set keys, the animation is rendered. But if I use any kind of expression it seems not to be able to change the position parameter of the tag during the rendering. If I did nothing wrong, like it seems so far, I will post this again as a bug-report.
On 24/01/2007 at 14:20, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Can you post your scene please because I need some more infos to help you out? You can also always PM me if you don't want to disclose your scenes.
On 26/01/2007 at 03:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:
thanks for your reply, I will post my coffeecode soon (I dont have it in the office today). Is here a possibilety to attach any files to these posts or to a pm? Otherwise I can only send you the coffecode and describe the scene more preciseley.
Thanks in advance,
On 26/01/2007 at 03:44, xxxxxxxx wrote:
you can send an email with the file to:
sdk_support (at) maxon (dot) net
On 30/01/2007 at 08:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Ok, got your email. The problem is that you use GetActiveDocument(). Now during rendering this gives you the document of your scene but the renderer works with a clone of the document. So to fix this you have to use the COFFEE tags doc parameter or if you use XPresso you have to feed the code node with object links and for the time use the time node. I will see if I can fix your expression but this will take some time.
On 31/01/2007 at 02:24, xxxxxxxx wrote:
I fixed my Coffetag according to your advice and now it is working fine.
Thanks a lot for your help,