Dynamic Descriptions

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 12/01/2007 at 04:19, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   9.507 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi everyone,
    i got a description file with some entries and a button. If the user clicks on that button, the description file should be extended by some other values.
    The Buttons are controlled by

Bool TagCone::Message(GeListNode *node, LONG type, void *data) 

and the dynamic description is defined with

Bool TagCone::GetDDescription(GeListNode *node, Description *description, LONG &flags)

Is it possible to call the GetDDescription function from the message function (so that the description file will be extended by the entries defined in the GetDDescription function when i press the button)?
    if i just try to insert

GetDDescription(node, description, flags); 

in the message function i don't know which parameters i have to insert in this function call...
    Hope somone does understand what i mean ^^

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 14/01/2007 at 14:43, xxxxxxxx wrote:

GetDDescription is called whenever anything happens in the descriptions (AM). There is absolutely no need to call it from the message function.

Instead, use a class member variable that stores what should be added and then use it when GetDDescription is called.

That easy :)