IN_EXLUDE

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 05/12/2006 at 02:40, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
Cinema 4D Version:   9.507 
Platform:   Windows  ;   
Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
Hi
in one of my description files which belongs to a tagplugin is an IN_EXLUDE field where i want to drop in other objects. If the user drops an object into the IN_EXLUDE field, the dropped in object should get the same position as the owner object of the tag plugin.
Can somebody help me with that?

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 05/12/2006 at 04:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:

What do you mean with same position, the same postion in 3D space?

cheers,
Matthias

On 05/12/2006 at 04:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes, the coordinates (in space) should be the same.

On 05/12/2006 at 06:26, xxxxxxxx wrote:

If you are going for position, rotation, scale, then this should suffice:

// Just for reference, set wherever you do this
BaseObject* tagObj;
BaseObject* dropObj;

dropObj->SetMg(tagObj->GetMg());

That'll set the dropped object's global matrix to match that of the object with the tag plugin.

If you just want position, then you will need to do a little more work:

SetGlobalPosition(dropObj, tagObj->GetMg().off);

// Set Object's Global Position
//*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*
void SetGlobalPosition(BaseObject* obj, const Vector& pos)
//*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*
{
     Matrix     mg = obj->GetMg();
     mg.off = pos;
     obj->SetMg(mg);
}

On 08/12/2006 at 02:18, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thx for this kuroyume.
But my problem is that i don't know how to access the IN_EXCLUDE field. I need an operation like:
dropObj = (dropped item in IN_EXCLUDE field)
hope somebody knows what i mean ^^

On 08/12/2006 at 09:47, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Maybe this link will help?

Forum Thread

On 11/12/2006 at 06:35, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Here a little example of a modified Execute function that prints the name of the objects in the in/exclude list.

LONG LookAtCamera::Execute(PluginTag *tag, BaseDocument *doc, BaseObject *op, BaseThread *bt, LONG priority, LONG flags)  
{  
     BaseContainer *data = tag->GetDataInstance();  

InExcludeData *mylist = (InExcludeData* )data->GetCustomDataType(LOOKATCAMERAEXP_LIST,CUSTOMDATATYPE_INEXCLUDE_LIST);   
     if (!mylist ) return LOAD_NOMEM;  

LONG objcnt = mylist->GetObjectCount();  
     LONG i;  
     for(i=0; i<objcnt; i++)  
     {  
          GePrint(mylist->ObjectFromIndex(doc, i)->GetName());  
     }  

return EXECUTION_RESULT_OK;  
}  

hope this helps

cheers,
Matthias

On 12/12/2006 at 00:26, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for this kuroyume and Matthias. Think this will work

On 12/12/2006 at 06:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:

OK the thing with the IN_EXCLUDE field works now. But i got a little problem with the following source:
BaseContainer *data = tag->GetDataInstance();
InExcludeData *mylist = (InExcludeData* )data->GetCustomDataType(ID_DROP_YP,CUSTOMDATATYPE_INEXCLUDE_LIST);
if (!mylist ) return LOAD_NOMEM;
LONG objcnt = mylist->GetObjectCount();
for(LONG i=0; i<objcnt; i++)
{
Vector posnew = (100,100,100);
BaseContainer *drpndata = mylist->ObjectFromIndex(doc, i)->GetDataInstance();
drpndata->SetVector(ID_BASEOBJECT_POSITION,newpos);
}
I want to change the position vector of the dropped in data to posnew and i thought this should work, but it doesn't. Any ideas???
Or is there a way to change position like this:
{
Vector posnew = (100,100,100);
BaseObject *drpndata = mylist->ObjectFromIndex(doc, i); ***
drpndata->SetPos(posnew);
}
*** I know this doesn't work, but is there a way to convert the IN_EXCLUDE mylist to a BaseObject to acccess the SetPos function???

On 12/12/2006 at 09:23, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You have to cast the result of ObjectFromIndex, for instance like this:

BaseObject *drpndata = (BaseObject* )mylist->ObjectFromIndex(doc, i);  

cheers,
Matthias

On 12/12/2006 at 11:24, xxxxxxxx wrote:

This works really great. Thanks a lot Matthias

On 15/12/2006 at 00:17, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Another question, concerning layouting the IN_EXCLUDE field. Is there a way to specify the size of the IN_EXCLUDE field, cause my field is to small to add e.g. an cylinder object so you have to scroll in the field.

On 18/12/2006 at 07:10, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You have to set SCALE_V in the descriptio for both the GROUP and the description element, little example:

GROUP ID_TAGPROPERTIES  
{  
     SCALE_V;  

IN_EXCLUDE LOOKATCAMERAEXP_LIST { NUM_FLAGS 0; SCALE_V; ACCEPT { Obase; } }  
}  

cheers,
Matthias

On 19/12/2006 at 01:52, xxxxxxxx wrote:

OK thanks for that Matthias. But i got still more questions 🙂
Is there a way to limit the number of objects, that can be dropped in the IN_EXCLUDE field?