Changes in COFFEE SDK

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 17/11/2006 at 09:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hi all,
    I noticed that some of the old COFFEE plugins doesn't work on release 10. In particular, checking the file resource\coffeesymbols.h, I found that some of the COFFEE symbols has been changed, causing some malfunction: PLAtrack became TRACK_PLA and PLASequence became Spla. I replaced them in my files, but I didn't found the new symbol for PLAKey, so my plugins still don't work... have some suggestion?
    In general, It should be very useful to have a documentation for that changes...
    Thanks
    Riccardo

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 17/11/2006 at 10:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Spla has always existed - check any older C++ SDK docs. It is an SAnimType designation, NOT a Sequence designation.

You can find the new animation stuff in c4d_canimation.h (_api) and under modules/newman/res/description/. Won't help much though if you are creating animation - there still hasn't been word on how to do PLA animation in the R10 C++ SDK - something that I need desparately!

Otherwise, I concur that it would be very useful to have R10 SDK documentation for both COFFEE and C++!

Take care,

On 21/11/2006 at 09:07, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for the help Robert, but I still haven't found the documentation about that changes.
    One of my COFFEE plugins is an importer for PLA animations, and it worked well until R9.6. It has a crucial importance in all my productions, but until now it's impossible for me to load it in R10.
    It's a serious and common problem for the COFFEE developers, and it may force me to use the older release rather then the new, that is an absurd. I need to solve this problem with urgence...
    Thanks in advance,
    Riccardo

On 21/11/2006 at 10:30, xxxxxxxx wrote:

There is no documentation about the R10 SDK changes yet (C++ or COFFEE) - that's the problem. Everything that I know about the 'changes' so far is by noting that my animation support no longer worked and diving into the resource folder to see why - and some help from Cactus Dan, of course.

Four of my plugins depend upon PLA animation: import, export, and creation thereof. The C++ SDK usually has rather good animation support compared to COFFEE and even I can't update my plugins to fully work in R10 as there is no information on creating PLA keys and setting the point information with this new system. Great that I can make PLA tracks, but they're no good without valid keys.

It looks like we're all going to have to bite the bullet and wait...

Take care,