Access to Object Properties

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 21/10/2006 at 04:44, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   R9.507 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hello

i created a Command Plugin with an execute funtion, that creates some primitives. I am already able to access some properties like position, scale or rotation. Now i want to modify the object parameters like radius, height or orientation. Can someone describe if and how it's possible to do that?

Thanks a lot for helping me

PS: This is an extract of my plugin:

Bool CC_0::Execute (BaseDocument* doc)
    {
         BaseObject *op_0, *op_tube;

Vector pos_tube (0,0,0), scl (1,1,-1), rot (0,pi/2,0);

//Nullobject
         op_0 = BaseObject::Alloc(Onull);               
         doc->InsertObject(op_0,NULL,NULL);               

//Tube
         op_tube = BaseObject::Alloc(Otube);               
         op_tube->InsertUnder(op_0);                    
         op_tube->SetPos(pos_tube);                    
         op_tube->SetScale(scl);                         
         op_tube->SetRot(rot);                              
         EventAdd();

return TRUE;
    }

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 21/10/2006 at 05:19, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Since these parameters show in the Attributes Manager, they are in the object's BaseContainer as Description Resources:

BaseContainer* bc = op_tube->GetDataInstance();

Now, what to look for is the tricky part (for novices). In this case, you need to go to the 'resource/modules/objects/res/description' folder and find the .res file for the primitive object (Otube.res, for instance). These are the object's attributes - showing the type and id for each attribute (e.g.) :

REAL PRIM_TUBE_IRAD

You can get and set these attributes using the BaseContainer methods (e.g.) :

Real myRad = 2.0;
    bc->SetReal(PRIM_TUBE_IRAD, myrad);
    myRad = bc->GetReal(PRIM_TUBE_IRAD);

On 21/10/2006 at 05:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks a lot. This solved my problem.

On 21/10/2006 at 06:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok that works. The only thing i can't edit is the orientation. In otube.res it is included:

INCLUDE Oprimitiveaxis;

Default orientation is +Y but i need -Y. I can change it by modifiing the rotation of the object but then i change the orientation of my co-ordinate system too. So it would be better to change only the orientation of the object.

Thanks for your help

On 21/10/2006 at 08:18, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Oprimitiveaxis is a reference to another resource file. In it you will find the type/id and the settings (for the drop down list).