Material from the Rayobject

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 12/10/2006 at 00:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:    
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :

---------
    Hi all,

what's the best way to get basematerial from a rayobject?

Cheers
    Renato T.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 14/11/2006 at 10:20, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I have a rayobject from volume data.
    I know that this rayobject have texcnt texture tag because there are some selections on it.
    I would know how i can get these reference to the tag from each raypolygons.

Thanks
    Renato T.

On 14/11/2006 at 10:23, xxxxxxxx wrote:

or, Can i get the baseselect from the rayobject?

On 16/11/2006 at 00:30, xxxxxxxx wrote:

See TexData::restrict in the docs for a small code example of what it sounds like you want.

On 16/11/2006 at 03:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Mikael,

i seen it, i was hoping to a easier way.. :)

Cheers
    Renato T.

On 16/11/2006 at 10:51, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Mikael,

From the RayObject SDK documentation i see that:

LONG restriction_index;
    Index to restriction table.

where is this restriction table? What is it?

and..

ULONG** rsadr

can you tell me more about it? seem that for each texture the rscnt is incremented.

Thanks
    Renato

On 17/11/2006 at 23:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Any Help?

On 23/11/2006 at 12:58, xxxxxxxx wrote:

The 'rsadr' is defined implicitly by the code snippet at 'restrict':

if (tex->restrict)  
          {  
            if (!sd->op || sd->op->type!=O_POLYGON || tex->restrict>=sd->op->rscnt || !sd->op->rsadr[tex->restrict]) return FALSE;  

LONG num;  
            sd->ID_to_Obj(id,&num);  

if (!(sd->op->rsadr[tex->restrict][num>>5]&(1<<(num&31)))) return FALSE;  
          }  
          return TRUE;

I.e. it's a double array with the restriction index on the left-most axis and the rest hidden in a clever bitfield.