Dynamic GeUserArea's in GeDialog?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 30/08/2006 at 06:36, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:    
    Platform:   Windows  ; Mac  ;  Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hello

Is it possible to add a dynamic number of GeUserArea 's to a GeDialog?

My basic idea is to have what I would call a "label", which is my GeUserArea, with a bitmap and some text next to it. I would like to be able to dynamically add (n) number of these user area's to my dialog, but when I add them in my loop I only get the user area in the last loop through. Maybe I am missing something here.

Does anybody have any examples of how to do this?

Thank you.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 30/08/2006 at 12:16, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Nevermind, I knew it must have been a simple error on my part!

On 30/08/2006 at 13:03, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Glad to hear it! You would have needed to show some code to see what might be the problem otherwise.

On a tangential note: Why are you using GeUserAreas instead of BitmapButtonCustomGUI? If there is some operation going to happen over the bitmap (scrolling, etc.), then that would make sense, otherwise need more info.

On 30/08/2006 at 13:35, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks Robert. Yes, I need to capture the input in the area.