Conflicting Plugin ID

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 13/06/2006 at 16:46, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   9.521 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Kind of confused on this one: Whenever I switch the project file to Active(Release) to perform the final build of a plugin, the console in Cinema will say that it has a conflicting ID with the same plugin. What's weird is that its fine when the project is set to Active(Debug). I am using a unique plugin ID, so I am having trouble finding where in the plugin that the ID is getting duplicated. I derived this plugin from the MenuTest SDK example if that helps any. I'm also using Visual Studio 2003.NET as my IDE.
    As always thanks in advance for any help.
    Josh

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 15/06/2006 at 09:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

OK, found the problem. There was just duplicated CDL files in the plugin folder; one from the Debug build and the other from the Release build. Once I deleted the CDL file from the Debug build everything was fine. Just posted this incase anyone else runs into the same problem.
    Josh

On 16/06/2006 at 04:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks, I have had similar problems. I'll try your solution.

/Filip