Rotating

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 20/05/2006 at 06:25, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   9.5 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hello,

iam still trying to figure out how to make that rotation with a target but now iam gonna ask something else :)
    i think i could derive what i want from how free rotation works with cinemas rotating tool..
    i observed carefully and it seems like when u click inside that yellow circle the point is created on a virtuall sphere and with mouse drag u lead that point around and the direction of travel is somehow added into overall rotation... of this part iam not so sure, anyway i ask if someone has an idea how rotate tool works in free mode, maybe some guides in what to use in the code?

any information will be very hellpfull, thanx!

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 20/05/2006 at 06:42, xxxxxxxx wrote:

ok its not only in free mode but also when dragging outside the yellow circle, that looks even more usefull :)
    ao any thoughts?

On 20/05/2006 at 09:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Might be "Arcball Rotation". (?) See "Graphics Gems IV", "Arcball Rotation Control" by Ken Shoemake.

On 21/05/2006 at 16:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

yup kuroyume0161 exactly what i wanted, tnx a million ;)
    now wish me luck with understanding that :D