THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED
On 22/03/2006 at 17:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Cinema 4D Version: R9.5UB
Platform: Mac OSX ;
Language(s) : C++ ;
I successfully compiled an XCode version of my plugins following the steps in the XCode migration .pdf documentation on my G4 iMac, and they're working on the G4 iMac, but I sent them to one of my beta testers who just bought an intel iMac and the plugins are not showing up on his machine. I had him send me a screen shot of all the items in the folders and everything is there, but he says the plugins are not showing up.
Is there anything special that has to be done in XCode on a G4 iMac to get it to compile and run on an intel Mac? The plugins seem to work fine in the UB version on the G4.
On 23/03/2006 at 10:46, xxxxxxxx wrote:
OK, never mind I've got it figured out.
It seems that even though the SDK XCode project may have been set up for a universal binary compile, when you install everything on a PowerPC machine and open the project, XCode seems to automatically configure it to compile for whatever your machine is. You have to physically re-select the "Mac OS X 10.4 (Universal) in the project's settings:
Then click the change button. Then it will compile a universal binary.
On 23/03/2006 at 17:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:
OK, That was wrong, it messed everything up and I had to reinstall the UB and start over. Some how it worked for one simple plugin but then messed up the rest of them.
On 23/03/2006 at 17:34, xxxxxxxx wrote:
I've read that the retention and stability of configurations in XCode isn't what it should be...
On 23/03/2006 at 17:47, xxxxxxxx wrote:
OK, here's what my problem was with XCode. It seems that you have to build a debug target first and then build a release target. If you build a release target without building a debug target first, you get linker errors. The debug target is a build that is machine specific (in my case ppc), while the release target is a universal binary.
The SDK project IS set up for UB. My problems were from "user error" DOH! I reckon I just got too comfortable with CodeWarrior which is much more forgiving.