Storing NodeData in Tag

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 01/05/2005 at 11:47, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   9.1 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hello together,

I have the following situation. I have created a custom tag type, for which the user can open an editor (similar to the XPresso-GUI). There you can create certain types of elements which are plugins that are derived from the NodeData-class.

Creating the elements within my editor works all fine.  But I have the problem, that I need to attach them to the tag, for which the editor was called.

How could this be done?

I have been browsing the SDK-docs for a while now and found out the probably SetCustomData(...) might be the key to this, but I didn't manage to get this work.
    Here is how I try it (just a test with a single node) :

GeListNode *node = AllocListNode(ID_MYNODE);
    tag = GetActiveDocument()->GetActiveTag();
    if (tag) {
    tag->SetCustomData(node);
    }

Thanks in advance.
    Dani

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 03/05/2005 at 02:17, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I think a better way is to create a GeListHead and store the nodes in there. Then you can use GetBranchInfo() to provide full integration of your nodes with the AM and animation. (At least in theory; I haven't experimented with it much myself.)