Lock Cinema except Dialog

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/04/2005 at 09:20, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   9.1 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :

---------
    Hi

Is there a way to temporarily lock Cinema except a GeDialog. i.e. to make GeDialog behave like a ModalDialog ?

( I want to do things that take some time and do modify the scene, but i also want the user to be able to aboard while the plugin is working )

Or another question: Can we force a Dialog to process stuff from it's message queue, while it is stuck in a call to Command()? I know it would be hard not to get into an infinite loop.. but at least it would be a possibility..

thanks
    Michael

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 03/05/2005 at 02:24, xxxxxxxx wrote:

No, I don't think there's a nice way to do this. Couldn't you clone the document and do the work in a thread?

On 06/05/2005 at 02:11, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for the Info. I do something like that now.
    I only want to modify a single uv tag. And it's just that the user might have deleted/changed the tag or the object.
    That's actually not a problem since i can check for that. It's just not very nice, and maybe also error prone if i'm not very carefull.

On 09/05/2005 at 06:15, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok got it. I can open a ModalDialog while te plug is running.