THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED
On 07/03/2005 at 04:49, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Cinema 4D Version: 8.5
Platform: Windows ; Mac ; Mac OSX ;
Language(s) : C.O.F.F.E.E ;
I'm getting this error when running my plug-in:
(8) is not a function -> NIL
But I have nothing in line 47 that could cause this error. What could be happening?
Would someone be willing to check out the listing? The plug-in is not functional yet (as in, it does nothing yet, I'm only creating the layout).
Thank you VERY MUCH in advance for any help.
On 07/03/2005 at 09:44, xxxxxxxx wrote:
You can send the listing my way if you'd like. Is your COFFEE script compiled? I've found that compiling always returns useless error messages so always test uncompiled.
You can find my contact information in the website link.
On 07/03/2005 at 09:46, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Thank you Robert.
About compiling, I never work with compiled versions until the very last time. Actually, I use all my plug-ins uncompiled
I'll be sending you the listing right after posting this.
Once again, thank you
On 07/03/2005 at 10:43, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Sometimes it is a line before the stated line.
On 07/03/2005 at 10:53, xxxxxxxx wrote:
I checked it all, Samir. I even runned a "Zap Gremlins" filter to delete any possible non-ASCII characters that could be in there. Nothing!! And I'm not even including anything, not even dialog resources. This is really WEIRD!!
On 07/03/2005 at 12:18, xxxxxxxx wrote:
3D Designer, the thread title stands. It is not the line before or after or any line. It is always "Line: 47" no matter how the code is rearranged. It doesn't even mention the file stemming the error which is interesting in itself. The error that Rui gave above is the entire message (which is why I asked about compiled code). Hmmmm, this sounds like it could be one of the COFFEE compiled codes coffing up.
I even changed the code over to include regular resources and the same error. I've moved the function 'read_list()' to be a method in the dialog to see if it was conflicting with GeUserArea, same error, same line. Haven't found any cause yet, but will continue to experiment.
If we cannot find anything soon, you may want to label this a COFFEE bug. But lets continue experimenting first.
On 07/03/2005 at 12:34, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Took a few times just checking class method declarations and methods definitions to realize that you never defined GeDialog::Init(), although you declared it. If you remove the declaration or fill in the definition, no more error!
On 07/03/2005 at 14:17, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Thank you SOOOOO much, Robert
Its really weird because I remember having done this in the past (declaring stuff without defining it, only doing it later) and I never got this error.
Anyway, thank you so very much. You were a great help