Plugin Renderer

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 14/01/2005 at 06:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

I have a question about plugin types. I've looked in the SDK documentation and can't find the answer, nor via a search on these forums.

I am the maintainer of the Aqsis Open Source Renderman renderer project (http://www.aqsis.org). I have recently been contacted by an artist who is keen to work with the project to produce artwork, he uses Cinema4D. I would like to be able to produce a plugin that connects C4D and Aqsis. In 3D Studio Max (I work with 3DSMax for a living) I would produce a plugin renderer. I was wondering what the equivalent would be for C4D? Would I need to create a tool plugin and handle all the render setup tasks (such as multi-frame setup etc.) by hand, or is there an equivalent interface for producing plugin renderers for C4D?

Thanks for any help.

Paul Gregory

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 12/03/2005 at 06:25, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Paul,
    It's me Matthias, I had contacted you through the Aqsis forum. I can not help you much for connection from C4D to Aqsis. Best thing is to ask in the SDK Help forum not the General forum.
    best regards, Matthias