Getting a points rotation

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 09/12/2004 at 01:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.100 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hi all, after giving up searching the forum, I decided to post my question. I have a spline, I can retrieve the points of a spline and position using "GetPoints" and the resulting array. How doe I retrieve the rotation of a certain point in the spline? I would like to match he rotation of another object to the rotation of a cetain pint in the spline.

Thanks

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 09/12/2004 at 06:06, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Single points don't have rotation or scaling factors; only translation factors (position - damn, wish C4D would use the mathematical terms). ;) You'll have to get the rotation from the spline itself or do some form of local coordinate frame attached to the point that you can manipulate and track.

Robert

On 09/12/2004 at 07:09, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy,

What about getting the point tangents? Wouldn't that at least get you a direction of the point according to the spline?

Adios,
    Cactus Dan

On 09/12/2004 at 10:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks a bunch, Robert and Dan, I´ll try both your tips out :-)