Mix bitmaps in c.o.f.f.e.e.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 07/12/2004 at 07:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.5 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hi,,,,
    Is it possible to access a Layer shader in c.o.f.f.e.e.?
    I need to mix some bitmaps together , for a colour channel texture.....
    Any advice greatly appreciated....
     Cheers........
    lonetad.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 08/12/2004 at 01:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm afraid it's not possible to access the new Layer shader in C.O.F.F.E.E.

On 08/12/2004 at 04:24, xxxxxxxx wrote:

OK,  thanks anyway.....

On 11/11/2009 at 14:47, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Is this still true in 2009? I'm trying to construct a material from scratch with C.O.F.F.E.E:

The plugin generates a handful of vertex maps and I want to color the object with them automatically. My manual protocol works fine, now I just need to get the plugin to do the same thing.

Done:
    Construct a new material
    Apply new material to specific object
    Generate vertex maps from provided data

ToDo:
    Create a LayerShader in the CHANNEL_COLOR box
    In the Layer Shader:
       Create 3 new ColorShaders R, G, B
       Create 3 new VertexMapShaders
          Set each VertexMapShader to LayerMask
          Fill #SLA_DIRTY_VMAP_OBJECT with the appropriate VertexMap Tags from the object.

Are any of these things on my ToDo list possible? So far, I can only put a texture path into the CH_TEXTURE box, not a layer, let alone access the layers other details.
    Thanks,
    Graham

On 17/11/2009 at 05:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Access to the LayerShader is currently vey limited in C++ and not possible at all in COFFEE.

cheers,
    Matthias