Updating the Document

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 08/09/2004 at 10:50, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.200 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi!

I am writing a Command, that is used to convert an object from one representation to another one. I create the new representation, insert it into the Document and delete the original one. After I did that, the Document does not redraw. How do I trigger a Redraw in a BaseDocument? I tried calling doc->Message(MSG_UPDATE).

Timm

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 08/09/2004 at 10:55, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Try newobj->Message(MSG_UPDATE).

You are using 'oldobj->Remove()' before deleting the original one, right? :)

Robert

On 08/09/2004 at 16:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

If that doesn't work, you may also want to call EventAdd().

On 09/09/2004 at 01:52, xxxxxxxx wrote:

In COFFEE this is accomplished using GeEventAdd(REDRAW_ALL);
    I think there's a similar instruction in C++ SDK.
    Hope this helps...
    Riccardo

On 09/09/2004 at 13:36, xxxxxxxx wrote:

That would be EventAdd(). EventAdd(EVENT_FORCEREDRAW) would be the equivalent instruction in C++ SDK.

On 07/10/2004 at 09:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:

EventAdd(EVENT_FORCEREDRAW) did do the job! Thanks guys!