GetContour & GetVirtualObject Issues?



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 18/08/2004 at 00:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    I don't think there have been any additions in this area in R9. As with the rest of the application, most API changes have concerned modeling. So yes, GetContour() is still a second-class citizen compared to GetVirtualObject(), and the workaround has the same limitations as before.
    My pragmatical recommendation would still hold: use GetVirtualObject() for non-trivial spline generators and don't trust the OBJECT_SPLINE flag when determining what objects to accept as splines.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 18/08/2004 at 07:58, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Most of the features in R9 mean very little to us. We were waiting to see if MAXON would fix the SDK issues that make C4D weak for serious motion graphics work. No offense Mikael, you are very helpful, but these SDK issues have become even more painful as C4D falls further behind in these areas. When S&T; doesn't support a set of splines created with the internal array object there is a big problem ( that was a clue ). More features, less functionality.

    Disclaimer: Mikael Sterner is very helpful person who has supported us through problems we could not solve by ourselves. We applaud that him for that.

    Regards,
    darf



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 18/08/2004 at 10:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Thanks for not shooting the messenger. Your points are noted.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 03/05/2005 at 22:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    this is a really bad news...

    Now i understand why my new (trashed) plugin is not working .

    cheers
    Renato T.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/06/2005 at 02:09, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    simply as a little reminder for MAXON.

    Not really what i would call helpful for Plugin developer.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 18/08/2005 at 04:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    News?



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 18/08/2005 at 14:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    No, I'm not aware of any changes in this design.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 18/08/2005 at 14:15, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Hello Mikael,

    so.. i've done a plugin that construct a spline from different spline put like child.
    This plugin only refresh the first time.
    How i can get refresh when i change somethings inside it?
    I really need of this plug because C4D will be powerful like houdini.

    Cheers
    Renato T.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 20/08/2005 at 01:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    For 9.5 I've made a subtle change to help out with the whole spline from GetVirtualObjects issue.
    A generator object can now output a spline that can be used by functions that look for a OBJECT_ISSPLINE. All you need to do is to supply the GetVirtualObjects and GetContour. In most cases the GetVirtualObjects is used, but for legacy some functions will still use the GetContour (why you also need to supply it and return your spline there too).
    @Renato: your problem will be that GetContour handles the dirty check for you, this was never intended to be used for a generator input so does not detect dirty changes to other objects that you would normally do within GetVirtualObjects, you just need to force your object to become dirty (SetDirty()), you should be able to do this via adding an Execute into the pipleline before the generators priority, check if your object needs to be dirty and if it does set it to dirty and the cache will be cleared so GetContour is called.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 20/08/2005 at 06:25, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Nice to know you guys wouldn't do anything for third party developers. Now that you decided to write a series generators / deformers / whatever you start fixing the issues that have been around for years. Congrats on being the same old Maxon you always were...

    David Farmer



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 20/08/2005 at 08:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Actually FYI it was amended because it was on my API changes list (as many other things are too) and fitted in to be done for 9.5, it is not practical to just randomly change core areas (certainly something as sensitive as the caching system).
    I help out here in my own time when I can because I too was once like the other positive developers here trying to work through the API and create something beneficial.
    I am perfectly aware that you will never be happy unless you have 24/7 dedicate "must do this because darf says" support, I used to be on the developer support if you remember. As usual your attitude is no help to yourself or anyone else.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 23/08/2005 at 10:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    David:

    seem to work only if on Data... when i change the matrix alwais not working.

    But it's a good start :)

    Cheers
    Renato T.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 31/08/2005 at 21:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Quote: Originally posted by David O Reilly on 20 August 2005
    >
    > * * *
    >
    > Actually FYI it was amended because it was on my API changes list (as many other things are too) and fitted in to be done for 9.5, it is not practical to just randomly change core areas (certainly something as sensitive as the caching system).
    >
    > I help out here in my own time when I can because I too was once like the other positive developers here trying to work through the API and create something beneficial.
    >
    > I am perfectly aware that you will never be happy unless you have 24/7 dedicate "must do this because darf says" support, I used to be on the developer support if you remember. As usual your attitude is no help to yourself or anyone else.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > * * *

    Very tactful.

    Demanding? David, seriously. Did you look at the dates? I posted here after more than a year on FC trying to get this fixed. The problems and complete ommisions presented in the ObjectData classes we horrible. No consistency. The fact you are working on it when we hear Maxon is desperately trying to build in JENNA like functionality in C4D is more than timing. Reminds of the functions I did not need for the volume tracer back in 2000 eh Philip? But Cebas needed them for PyroCluster so lets put them in! LOL... Gotta give you points for consistency.

    darf out



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 01/09/2005 at 00:48, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    You're wrong actually, but whats new.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 02/09/2005 at 16:19, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    I make alot more money being wrong. ;-)

    Funny thing is, I get along great with all of the other developers I have worked with. Apple is great, Alias is great, Adobe doing well. Huh, must be me.

    BTW: Tell Perry hi and we appreciated him outright fabricating his response to SLA support back in the day ( 3DWorld letter of the month where Maxon decided to lie and avoid supporting SLA for v6 which was contractually their responsibility ). That was a hoot! Fabrication of facts. Seems like a trademark for you guys. Time reveals all.

    Oh well, I said my peace. Time to stop wasting effort caring about something that has long since sailed.

    darf



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 08/09/2005 at 16:40, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    David:

    i got my generator working with Execute... but i got a new problem.
    The plugin is generating a spline fine... but when i put it in a Hierarchy... is not refreshing anymore.

    plugin
    -- spline
    -- plugin <--- this is not refreshing

    why?
    Thanks
    Renato T.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/09/2005 at 01:35, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Sorry, there isn't really enough information there to know what might be a problem. What do you mean by refreshing? Is this about the dirty update?



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/09/2005 at 05:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    I added a GePrint in Addtoexecution, execute and getcontour.

    The parent "Plugin01" correctly execute getcontour but the second "Plugin02" only execute "addtoexecution" and "execute" ... no getcontour is processed in pipeline.
    So the GetContour in Plugin02 inside the Plugin01 is not executed anymore.
    I hope that this can help to understand my problem

    Plugin01
    -- spline
    -- Plugin02

    thanks
    Renato T.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/09/2005 at 15:47, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    I found the problem.

    Touch() made by Plugin01... so, how i can get the plugin02 touched and get refresh? :)

    Cheers
    Renato T.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 21/12/2005 at 10:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    With R9.5 SplineTools is not working anymore, it's not refreshing.

    Any thing changed on R9.5 Release?

    Thanks
    Renato T.


Log in to reply