Problem Real->Long

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 12/07/2004 at 01:12, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.207 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    I still have problems conversing real to long. I use GetPos() to get the position of an object, then something like LONG posx = GetPos().x; I even tried LONG posx = SAFELONG( GetPos().x );
    The result is the same: sometimes the values differ by 1! For example, the attribute manager says x position = 74, debug of vc says GetPos().x = 74.000....and posx = 73!
    I thought that SAFELONG would fix that, but it doesnt. I really need to understand why that happens, the real mathematic reason, and how I can fix it, 1 pixel in our application is extremely important!
    How does the attribute manager display the position? He always displays the correct position, somehow he also has to call GetPos()......

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 12/07/2004 at 02:49, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok....thought SAFELONG would handle that, and the compiler would show the exact values.....
    +0.5/-0.5 and it works....