Custom Datatype / Gui

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 03/05/2004 at 07:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.207 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    I refer to an older topic, Mikael did post the MSA Code as an example.
    My customgui/data is a treeview/tree structure. Now it works, that I set up the tree from my material, write it to the container, receive it within the gui, and display it with a treeview in the attribute manager. But now I need to get some data back to the material. If I select an item within the tree, my material has to know which one has selected. In the MSA code, I found the iCustomGui::Command. There, they send a parent message ( BFM_ACTION ). If I do so, my material receives a MSG_DESCRIPTION_VALIDATE. So I now can detect, that an item was selected. But I dont know which one. In the MSA code, they send some data with the message, where is that data received? I think in general, I have to write the tree data back to the container, but how?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 04/05/2004 at 05:43, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Eventually the data from your tree should end up in SetDParameter() of the host node/material and get stored in the container. You'll just have to make sure that selection is stored with the datatype that you use with the tree GUI.