TraceGeometry: check for hitting same obj

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 19/04/2004 at 15:20, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.503 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Ok, I've the following situation: Trace Geometry starts a surface of a closed body, and I need to find this volume's surface in ray direction.

My question is:
    How to ignore any objects in between? Basically I need a method to check if the current hit is on the same surface as my very first lhit (starting point).
    Alternatively a check if the surface it using the same material could be valuable...
    ...or a method to ignore any other object.

Thanks for any tips and insight!

Kabe

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 19/04/2004 at 16:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Sounds like you should be able to use ID_to_Obj() on the hits to see if they are on the same objects. If they aren't, simply continue tracing.

On 19/04/2004 at 23:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction, that was what I was searching for.

Is it ok to compare the resultig RayObject*, or should I convert to the Object Number using Obj_to_Num() ?

Thanks

Kabe

On 22/04/2004 at 18:02, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I think that it's safe to check the RayObjects, at least when you're just in one thread. (As you would be if calling TraceGeometry() in your own loop.)