THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED
On 25/02/2004 at 16:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Cinema 4D Version: 8.100
Language(s) : C.O.F.F.E.E ; XPRESSO ;
Hello! Could someone tell me why this fails? I named this code snippet, "test.cof" and put it in a folder called "test" in the c4d plugin folder.
var path = GeGetStartupPath();
var filename = GeGetRootFilename();
var testFile = new(BaseFile);
The file does not get written, and the console displays no errors
On 25/02/2004 at 18:34, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Does the file "test.txt" exist?
On 26/02/2004 at 00:07, xxxxxxxx wrote:
No, I thought one could write directly to disk. Thats why I first tested if the file existed with
Is this not possible?
On 26/02/2004 at 02:25, xxxxxxxx wrote:
This must definately be some kind of bug, I keep getting "unable to write file....(file may be write protected)" errors. The file does not exist on disk!!? A paradox. If I create the file manually, the code behaves as it supposed to do.
On 26/02/2004 at 04:41, xxxxxxxx wrote:
nevermind, the Maxon docs were wrong again, I tried "AddLast" by coincidence and that worked. Why o why wont maxon update the docs and COFFEE? This is sometimes very annoying.
On 26/02/2004 at 14:58, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Actually I couldn't find Filename::Add() in the C.O.F.F.E.E. docs. It's strange that this didn't cause a runtime error, though. I guess there must be a Filename::Add() somewhere... (Probably it's the same as the C++ "operator+(const Filename&, const Filename&)".)
When debugging Filename related issues I often find it useful to look at the GetFullString() output.
On 26/02/2004 at 15:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:
yes, there is a Filename::Add(). It´s not documented in the Filename class but is displayed in the Example code in the docs. I guess that´s why he used it in the first place.
On 26/02/2004 at 15:23, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Mikael, the use off add is in at least two examples in the downloadable windows CHM files. I would take your advice and use the GetFullString for debugging, I used a TextDialog instead, this lead to my discovery that the "add" was not nor working.