WorldToScreen and BaseDraw::Line2D

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 11/02/2004 at 04:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.206 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi,
    In the viewport I would like to draw a line from one vector to another vector.
    At first I used the BaseDraw::Line3D, but the thickness of the line is not stong enough and makes it hard to see over existing lines in the C4D viewport.
    So I have decided to write up my own line drawing routine, and use the Handle2D or Polygon3D method to plot the line points.
    The problem is I don't know how to convert a vector from world space onto the screen space. I thought using the supplied function BaseDraw::WS() would be it, but I get unexpected results from that.
    What I want to do is, get two points from an object. Convert those vectors into a suitable screen space, then use a 2D line drawing algorithm to draw a line from the two converted vectors. This is so I can highlight an edge of a polygon.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 11/02/2004 at 04:09, xxxxxxxx wrote:

*sigh*
    Please ignore this post, I made a typo and was using BaseDraw::SW() and not BaseDraw::WS()
    It works now