Solved Multilingual - Plugin not working

Hi Guys,

We are making our plugin ready to be multilingual. We did the work but when we test it all non-ascii characters are not correctly displayed. This is even when we install the language on the workstation. We did the test both on Mac and Pc.

Can you tell us what we are doing wrong please?

Thank you.

Here an example how Japanese looks:

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 15.46.45.png

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 16.29.19.png

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 16.29.55.png

Hello @jwzegelaar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The resource system of Cinema 4D does not support Unicode encodings directly. Strings that contain characters outside of the ASCII table must encode Unicode characters. Here is for example the start of the Japanese string definitions for the Asset Browser as they can be found in {C4D}\resource\modules\assetbrowser\strings_ja-JP.str:

  IDS_ASSET             "\u30A2\u30BB\u30C3\u30C8";
  IDS_ASSET_MANAGER     "\u30A2\u30BB\u30C3\u30C8\u30D6\u30E9\u30A6\u30B6";
  IDS_ASSET_MANAGER_CMD "\u30A2\u30BB\u30C3\u30C8\u30D6\u30E9\u30A6\u30B6...";
// ...

This applies to both dialog and description resources. Most text editors such as VS Code offer plugins or native features to Unicode escape file contents. We recommend using such tools to produce the escaped strings for translations.



MAXON SDK Specialist

Hi Ferdinand!

Perfect! We got it, thank you so much for the quick reply.

This post is deleted!