COFFEE object creation

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 22/09/2003 at 10:35, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.207 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Isn´t it possible to create objects with COFFEE via the SDK COFFEE Engine?
    I understand that doing so in XPresso nodes isn´t good but isn´t there a way to "allow" it for usage in plugins?
    Thanks
    Samir

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 22/09/2003 at 13:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Doesn't it work? What functions do you use? Perhaps they have been blocked...

On 22/09/2003 at 15:14, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Samir and all !
    It's possible to create object with a Coffee node in Xpresso like that:
    **main()
    {
     var obj;
     var doc=GetActiveDocument(); **
    **  if (Input1==10)
      {
       obj=new(CubeObject);
       obj->SetName("My_object");
       doc->InsertObject(obj,NULL,NULL);
       doc->Message(MSG_UPDATE);
      }
    }

**"Input1" is an entry of the Coffee node (frame number for example...) and it commands the Cube creation in the scene.
    But a lot of changes appears with C4D 8, about some objects ID names (PrimitiveObject becomes CubeObject, CylinderObject...)

On 23/09/2003 at 00:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi both of you,
    thanks it does work now. I had a conditional statement that was always FALSE so the engine didn´t even get to the execution part *ashamed*
    Thank you anyway :o)