Possible typo in documentation

Hi - I'm currently making an attempt to better understand the gui.GeDialog stuff and ran across this in the sdk.

GeDialog.GroupBorder(self, borderstyle)
Sets the border type of the current group, and displays the title in the border if possible.

GeDialog.GroupBorderNoTitle(self, borderstyle)
Sets the border type of the current group, and displays the title in the border if possible.

Am I reading these wrong and haven't learned anything yet or should GroupBorderNoTitle have a different explanation and not have border title parameters listed below it?

Thanks for looking,
.del

Hello @del,

thank you for reaching out to us. I assume you are talking about the Python documentation and have edited the thread tags for you.

This is probably a copy and paste error, as the C++ documentation is more verbose when documenting this method. Or the author argued that the short description 'Sets the border type of the current group, and displays the title in the border if possible.' is technically true for both methods, it is just that it is never possible when the method is GroupBorderNoTitle. However, I have updated the Python docs which will be reflected in the next documentation release.

As a small warning: Most of the dialog border flags are meaningless at the moment and will result in the same output. With S26 the GUI was overhauled and with that many border flags have become meaningless. I have then asked the UX and GUI development teams to update these flags, which unfortunately never happened. I must dig down on that topic again, because the current state is quite misleading. There is only one border style to be set at the moment and it will stay that way AFAIK. Will have to confirm the details with UX & GUI teams.

Cheers,
Ferdinand

Thanks for the info and adding the tag. I totally forgot that the Cafe' merged. I'm so used to approaching from my view. I actually answered somebodies question yesterday and at the very end saw the C++ tag and hit delete 🙂

Thanks for tips on the GUI. I was able to implement what I needed.