I implemented the render progress callbacks as explained in the documentation for RenderDocument() to print updates to a commandline render and it seems the callback doesn't work for Redshift renders.
Instead of c4d.RENDERPROGRESSTYPE_DURINGRENDERING the function gives c4d.RENDERPROGRESSTYPE_AFTERRENDERING for every call.
There is also some funky formatting going on at the bottom of the documentation entry.
thank you for reaching out to us. I tried RenderDocument with Redshift and I can confirm the behavior which is indeed a bit odd. But these rendering hooks often have the tendency to work a bit differently from render engine to render engine (our Physical Renderer likes to go beyond 100% progress from time to time for example). I also tried some things like disabling GPU rendering or playing with the sampling modes which could be explanations for this, but with no success.
Since Redshift is not governed by the SDK-Team, i.e., we do not have access to all necessary internal documents either, I would have to ask you to ask your question in the Redshift Forum. Only the Redshift developers can currently answer which render state flags they set of and offer workarounds or fixes for this.
Alright, will do. Thanks!
without any further questions or postings, we will consider this topic as solved by Wednesday and flag it accordingly.