I ran into a problem at work where remains of a plugin ( 'Redshift' (ID 1036219)) prevents me to render on my renderfarm. FYI the scene has no shader nor Objects which relate to Redshift anymore, I also copied everything to a new file the Renderfarm still throws a plugin error.
My Idea is to write a script myself to delete remaining Plugin Data which is probabbly just a basecontainer with the ID.
So how do I search for the basecontainer by ID and delete it (which could be wrong/dangerous but this is my idea at the moment)
thank you for your time
i got the same message if i create a basic scene and change the render to redshift and open it on another version (where there's no redshift).
The problem maybe because the render is still pointing to redshift like so :
If you change the render to standard and remove the post effect (redshift) and save the file again, the message will no be show anymore.
You could probably run a script like this using c4dpy.exe to change the render engine and remove the videoPost effect :
Something like this.where 5709 seems to be the id of Redshift (I'm a bit surprised with this ID)
doc = c4d.documents.GetActiveDocument()
rd = doc.GetActiveRenderData()
rd[c4d.RDATA_RENDERENGINE] = c4d.RDATA_RENDERENGINE_STANDARD
vp = rd.GetFirstVideoPost()
if vp.GetType() == 5709:
vp = vp.GetNext()
You should be able to load the document, make the changes and save it back.
Another idea, could be to create a dummy plugin of the time expected and just do nothing, but in that case, it's doesn't apply to python because you would need to create a post effect, or sometimes a SceneHook using c++, that's pretty easy and just a matter of a fiew click but another story for now.
Thanks you for your reply,
interesting never noticed that there is a post effekt called redshift in the standard renderer . will need to check that, I always swith from physical to redshift and back.
the id is probably just the post effect not the redshift plugin ID I posted. - anyway
if I could solve the problem by deleting the post effect i am happy also
without further feedback i will consider that as solved tomorrow.
I just had time to check this hence the holidays.
This works with the correct ID (1036219 = Redshift) the nodes render my "cleaned" C4D file again.
Thank you very much @m_magalhaes