Sound Effector Object Mismatch / Missing / Not Working Fields (R14 (to R18 probably) and R19 comparison)

• Hello!

I was trying to create a LipSync Engine built using Python and the Sound Effectors included in the MoGraph package.

For some reason, I saw some mismatch in Sound Effector Build between R14, the one made in R18, and the one in R19.

This is the screenshot of the Effector Tab in the versions I got (R14, R18, and R19)
    18147c07-5b6f-4d08-a9d7-5305cebcbe7d-image.png

• Hi @SolarPH,

thank you for reaching out to us. First of all I would like to point out that the support cycle of Cinema 4D is two major versions. We however take it as a compliment that you consider Cinema 4D being so stable to having such long lasting backwards compatibility ;) But there were of course some changes over the course of the years which did break some compatibilities, including the sound effector.

Regarding your last question:

If we base on the sound effector, and the waveform on the timeline, the offset does not work apparently, or am I missing something?

As this clearly falls into the domain of the end-user support, I would have to ask you to contact them about it.

Thank you for your understanding,
    Ferdinand

• Actually nevermind. I found a workaround for this

However...
    1404bc9a-f7fd-45ab-94d2-18567afa163d-image.png
    If we base on the sound effector, and the waveform on the timeline, the offset does not work apparently, or am I missing something?

• Hi @SolarPH,

thank you for reaching out to us. First of all I would like to point out that the support cycle of Cinema 4D is two major versions. We however take it as a compliment that you consider Cinema 4D being so stable to having such long lasting backwards compatibility ;) But there were of course some changes over the course of the years which did break some compatibilities, including the sound effector.

Regarding your last question:

As this clearly falls into the domain of the end-user support, I would have to ask you to contact them about it.

Thank you for your understanding,
    Ferdinand

• Hi,

without further feedback, we will consider this thread as solved by Wednesday and flag it accordingly.

Cheers,
    Ferdinand