Setting Read-Only STRING value in Description

• Hello,
    I'm trying to set the value of a string with a Static Text interface in my ObjectData plugin.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to achieve. I created it in the UserData by adding Data with a String Data Type and Interface set to String, setting the value, then changing the Interface to Static Text:
    74d936a4-aad3-425f-b12a-4dcd83de7c75-image.png

In my current Descriptions, I've tried using STRING and STATICTEXT but neither has produced the desired result.

STATICTEXT READOUT_WIDTH { ANIM OFF; }

STRING READOUT_WIDTH { ANIM OFF; }

When using STRING, I try to set the value, but I get the error TypeError:__setitem__ expected float, not str. I don't know how to set it's value then make it a read-only/Static Interface.

op[c4d.READOUT_WIDTH] = str(width)

Can anyone please help me create this type of static text string? Thank you!

• I sort of have a solution, but would love feedback on the right way to do this:

I'm setting the string with this code:

node.SetParameter(c4d.READOUT_WIDTH, str(width), c4d.DESCFLAGS_SET_0)

Then in NodeData.GetDDescription, I'm setting the Description Parameter's DESC_CUSTOMGUI to DTYPE_STATICTEXT.

width = description.GetParameterI(c4d.READOUT_WIDTH)
            if width :
                width[c4d.DESC_CUSTOMGUI] = c4d.DTYPE_STATICTEXT

The difference between this and the UserData version is the UserData version has a box around the String's value while the above does not. Any feedback would be fantastic. Thank you!