I'm looking for information on licensing a Cinema 4D plugin written in Python. I'd like to understand how to register the plugin in Cinema 4D's registration screen (similar to others I've used like X-Particles, UV Vonc, Riptide Pro, etc.)
I have a few questions:
- Can this be done with a Python plugin?
- If so, does a guide exist somewhere online explaining how this is done in Python? I found this article from 2012, but the code samples are in C++:
Licensing Plugins – Part I – Basics. I also found this, but it's in C++ too:
Plugin Licensing Manual
- Do Python code samples for licensing exist somewhere?
- I see that there were changes to the Python API for getting the user's product information (
c4d.GetGeneralLicensingInformation()). To support R20 and below, will I need to implement two methods for getting the user's licensing details?
- For those with experience in this, is there a more friction-less plugin licensing model where you don't need to generate tons of new serial numbers every time a new version of Cinema 4D is released?
Thanks for reading!