SOLVED Python Source Protector: Can it be called via CLI?

Good morning,

the topic says everything: We have the Source Protector in Cinema, which encrypts Python plugins. Can that function be called via the command line, or does it always require manual UI interaction?

Thanks & greetings,
Frank

Hi Frank

Please use Q&A Functionality for your topics.

It's currently not possible. I've forward the idea.
Cheers,
Maxime.

That's a pity, but at least I know I can stop looking for a solution then :-)
Thanks!

And in deed, having the option of executing the source protector using a command line argument for Cinema 4D, or using c4dpy would be great for integration in a plugin build pipeline.

Just wanted to bump this old thread.

Any updates on this? Would love to see this in conjunction with c4dpy!

Thanks & Cheers,
Lasse

I am going to bump this also.This function should be able to be called by command line. I would like to do this via my build system. By calling the cinema4d.exe, or c4dpy, with the python plugin path.

@kbar said in Python Source Protector: Can it be called via CLI?:

I am going to bump this also.This function should be able to be called by command line. I would like to do this via my build system. By calling the cinema4d.exe, or c4dpy, with the python plugin path.

PPLLEEEAASSSEEEE!

Hi just to get back on the topic, do you have any special requirement for it or does a configuration variable(see CONFIGURATION - Definition) to set like g_encryptPypFile=YourPathToAPypFile;AnotherPathToAPypFile is enough?

Cheers,
Maxime.

That should work fine for my purposes. I just need to pass in the file to get encrypted and have it write the result to the same directory. But then C4D should quit afterwards. Would be amazing if this was possible.

If this was added to S22 ( or S23 ) then would the resulting pypv files also load in R20 and R21?

Sounds like a good solution to me, too!
And I second Kent's question about the compatibility of encryptet pyp files.

Thanks for your feedback, and yes regarding the compatibility this would produce the same as the one produced from the UI.

In any case, I can't give you an estimate about when it will be implemented.
Cheers,
Maxime.