Cinema 4D Release 21 has been announced. The new release introduces several relevant changes for plugin developers.
- Existing C++ plugins must be adapted and re-compiled for R21.
- Building C++ plugins will require Visual Studio 2017 or Xcode 10.
- Only one version of Cinema 4D will exist in the future.
- A new licensing system replaces the old, serial number based system. Plugins, that base their licensing scheme on that serial number, must adapt.
- Also, the SNHookClass plugin type has been removed.
More information on Cinema 4D R21 is found here:
The adapted C++ and Python SDKs will be published with the release of Cinema 4D R21 in September.