Where to start to create an plug-in?
hhgemalmaz last edited by
I am new here. I have an idea to create a simple plugin. But I don't know how to get started.
I need to extract extra data from json or xml file in plugin and use it as data in plugin. Apart from that, I don't know what I need to create a basic plugin. Now I have a Visual Studio SDK file and I don't know what to do. I need a sample for this. Thanks in advance for your help.
r_gigante last edited by
Hi hhgemalmaz and thanks for reaching out us.
With regard to your question I warmly suggest to
- read the Cinema 4D C++ documentation
- get familiar more specifically with the Getting Started topics
- download the Project Tool used to create specific IDE solutions/projects for the different projects provided with the sdk archive shipped with Cinema 4D.
- unarchive the sdk.zip in your preferred folder
kernel_app_64bit.exe g_updateProject=<your full path to sdk>
- open the solution in your IDE
- build the examples shipped in the sdk.zip archive.
If your Cinema 4D version is older than R20, then you can skip steps 3, 4 and 5 since solution files and API folder are already available in Cinema 4D installation path.