ToolResizeData UI

• Hello!

I'm following the example from the ToolResizeData manual page, and I can already set my tool size and pressure. But there's a couple of things that I can't make work

1. To set ToolResizeFalloffData.falloff, I need to alloc the SplineData in RESIZE_PASS_GENERATEFALLOFF, but that message is never being called. Is there anything I need to set to start calling it?

2. I'm trying to display text besides the cursor like when we resize the Sculpt brushes using ToolResizeData.cursor_text, but nothing happens. I set it all the time, but it never prints anything on the viewport.

• Hi Roger, thanks for reaching out us.

With regard to the first question it's likely that the ToolResizeFalloffData::dirty should be truein order to have the RESIZE_PASS_GENERATEFALLOFF being properly called.

With regard to the second question, I'm still investigating but the way in Cinema 4D the text is displayed beside the cursor on tool size/pressure change has nothing to do with the ToolResizeData::cursor_text but is automatically delivered by the implementation of SculptBrushToolData.

Best, Riccardo

• @r_gigante said in ToolResizeData UI:

With regard to the first question it's likely that the ToolResizeFalloffData::dirty should be truein order to have the RESIZE_PASS_GENERATEFALLOFF being properly called.

That seems to trigger the message, thanks.

• @r_gigante I don't know why this topic was marked as Solved, but the second issue still persists. I can set allt he viewport brush parameters, but still I can't print any text on the viewport with `ToolResizeData.cursor_text

• @rsodre as already stated it has nothing to do with ToolResizeData::cursor_text(although the documentation states differently) and if you look at the implementation of SculptBrushToolData example it delivers out of the box pressure/size HUD without any further addition.

Regards, Riccardo

• @r_gigante You mean with pParams->EnablePressureHUD(true); ?

• @rsodre : looks like it.