SOLVED Source Processor: Platform-dependent function signatures

Hi,

the source processor is throwing an error for this constructor:

#ifdef __APPLE__
CBlowFish::CBlowFish(const unsigned char* ucKey, unsigned int keysize, const SBlock& roChain, bool backwardsCompatibility_) : m_oChain0(roChain), m_oChain(roChain)
#else
CBlowFish::CBlowFish(const unsigned char* ucKey, size_t keysize, const SBlock& roChain) : m_oChain0(roChain), m_oChain(roChain)
#endif
{

The error is:
error: Expected ',' or '{', found 'CBlowFish' instead.

I know the source processor does not parse preprocessor statements, so yes, this might look like a syntax error to it. But it's not. This had always worked, and still does. So how can I tell the source processor to shut up about it? 😉

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Hi Frank, thanks for reaching out us.

With regard to the reported issue, which I suppose it's happening on your side, you can consider, rather than disabling uncrustifying, modifying your code as:

CBlowFish::CBlowFish(const unsigned char* ucKey, unsigned int keysize, const SBlock& roChain
#ifdef _APPLE_
 , bool backwardsCompatibility_
#endif
) : m_oChain0(roChain), m_oChain(roChain)

Looking forward to see if it works for you, give best.
Riccardo

I managed to get rid of the error by adding this line to projectdefinition.txt:

DontUncrustify="blowfish.cpp"

But since this disables all source processor activity on this file, as I understood it, I wonder if there is no "cleaner" way to suppress just this one false error.

Hi Frank, thanks for reaching out us.

With regard to the reported issue, which I suppose it's happening on your side, you can consider, rather than disabling uncrustifying, modifying your code as:

CBlowFish::CBlowFish(const unsigned char* ucKey, unsigned int keysize, const SBlock& roChain
#ifdef _APPLE_
 , bool backwardsCompatibility_
#endif
) : m_oChain0(roChain), m_oChain(roChain)

Looking forward to see if it works for you, give best.
Riccardo

Hi Riccardo,

thank you! I'll try that.
Admittedly, it doesn't really improve code readability 😉

Best greetings,
Frank

It builds, and the source processor does not complain. Thank you!