in the wake of promoting a more and more effective communication and improve our UX on managing Cinema 4D APIs, we have introduced by today a new Q&A mechanism which is immediately available to you.
The new Q&A mechanism, which works in parallel with the current support discussion paradigm gives you the chance to set a topic as an "unsolved question" - by selecting the "Ask as a question" from the Topic tools drop-down and, upon the different answers are received, to mark it as "solved" by selecting one of the posts as "correct answer". Please also bear in mind that the topic can also be set to the "solved" state from the topic-tools drop-down without explicitly marking a correct post.
A typical workflow is:
- Create a topic by using the usual "New Topic" button.
- Once prepared, use the "Submit" button to enter the new topic in the discussion board.
- From the "Topic Tools" drop-down select the "Ask as a question" and the thread will receive an orange "Unsolved" label appearing behind topic title.
- Wait for answers to come.
- Decide which of the posts is the correct answer for you and by clicking on the post menu icon select "Mark this post as the correct answer"; the topic is then marked as solved and the selected post gets green-framed to identify what you consider the correct answer.
- In case there is no single post representing the solution, you can still mark the whole topic as solved by using the "Topic Tools" button and "Mark as Solved".
Last but not least a few additional notes:
- MAXON, through its forum moderators, can at anytime and without any notice, override the topic status from "Unsolved" to "Solved" or viceversa.
- you, as the user who has created the topic, can always revert back the topic to a normal state by using the "Make this a normal topic" from the Topic Tools drop down or the the unsolved state by selecting the "Mark as Unsolved"
- two additional buttons are now available in the top navigation bar which can be respectively used to get the list of all the unsolved and solved topics.
MAXON SDK Team