debugger critical stop ??

• On 05/10/2017 at 13:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   r18 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    i am trying to debug my plugin, because i am experiencing strange crashes. however, i am bugged by endless messages -> ge_container.h(247) : CRITICAL: Stop

interesting thing is, that when debugging i can change the value that otherwise causes a crash... any ideas how to get rid of those critical stops?

• On 05/10/2017 at 13:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Originally posted by xxxxxxxx

<ADDRESS>
    User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   r18 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :    
    C++  ;

---------
    </ADDRESS> i am trying to debug my plugin, because i am experiencing strange crashes. however, i am bugged by endless messages -> ge_container.h(247) : CRITICAL: Stop
    interesting thing is, that when debugging i can change the value that otherwise causes a crash... any ideas how to get rid of those critical stops?

Please not that this message doesn't indicate a crash, but a debugger break - the issue reported here can of course trigger a later crash (depending on your code). The messge is trown because your plugin code tried to get a vector from a BaseContainer entry which isn't stored as a Vector.

Fixing that BaseContainer access problem (by either requesting the proper type or really storing a Vector in the BaseContainer) will avoid the critical stops.

Best regards,

Wilfried