HTMLViewer: different behaviour on mac



  • On 28/07/2017 at 01:02, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Hello plugincafe,

    I am using an htmlviewer customgui with SetURLCalback. When I tested my plugin on windows everything works fine and as it should. 
    On Mac however I don't get every callback like on windows, infact I only get one if I reload the page manually by rightclicking on the page and pressing reload.

    This is a big problem because I need the url from the callback.

    I have tested the plugin on both platforms with Cinema4D R18.020

    Is there any workaround for this, or am I just missing something that is needed in order for the gui to work on mac properly?

    Thanks, 
    Florian



  • On 31/07/2017 at 09:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Hi Florian,

    sorry to let you wait.

    While I can't exactly reproduce your issue, I ran into a more general problem with 18.020 related to opening http pages. This was related to certain permissions of the Cinema 4D app and got fixed in R18 SP2. So maybe it's worth trying, if you can reproduce your issue with at least SP2 installed?

    With anything above 18.020 (and actually below 18.000, so R17) I did not encounter any issues and the callback got called for every URL change (upon clicking links, reloading the page,...).

    If the issue is still reproducible then, maybe you can provide me with a small test plugin or instruction to reproduce it here?



  • On 13/08/2017 at 23:37, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Hi Andreas,

    now I have to apologize for not writting any sooner, but I finally had my hollidays 😄.

    Anyway, the problem still occures after updating to the newest version.
    But, when I invoke a manual reload (rightclick->reload) in the browser, I get my expected callback.

    It's a bit tricky now, because after knowing this, I thought that I could just call DoAction(c4d.WEBPAGE_REFRESH) (at least I think it reloads the page?) but I don't know how/when. Because I don't know when the user clicks on something on the webpage because of the missing callbacks. 😠

    greetings, 
    Florian



  • On 14/08/2017 at 09:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Hi Florian,

    I think we need to find out first, why it's not working on your end, before thinking about workarounds. Can you provide me with some code to reproduce the issue? I mean, it may seem trivial, but here it seemed to work just fine so far.



  • On 16/08/2017 at 01:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Hello Andreas,

    I have linked (below) a download to a very simple test-plugin.
    On callback this plugin prints the url in the console. Also, the website used is the one where I need to navigate in my plugin.

    Now, as said before on windows I get a ton of callbacks (mostly from the facebook plugin which is not a problem since I can still fetch the actual url from it)

    On Mac however I only get it once. The main problem is, when clicking on one of the textures that load on the front page I get a callback. But when I scroll down afterwards and select a different texture, I never get an callback, only when I reload the page manually.

    Could this also be an issue on the page itself?

    Test Plugin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/blr1qdl926pq7cv/test_plugin.rar

    thank you for your help and time!

    greetings,
    Florian



  • On 17/08/2017 at 08:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Hi Florian,

    I have checked your plugin and I can reproduce the issue... partly.
    I agree, I see nothing wrong with your code. But it's not like you don't get any calls to the callback. At least here with my tests, I saw calls to the callbacks, when clicking links from the menu of that page or when clicking on the orange links overlaying the texture thumbnails. I agree, I don't see calls to the callback, when I click the texture thumbnails themselves. I have to admit, web technologies are not my strongest field. I can try to discuss this with our development, in the end it certainly has something to do with the design of the page. Try for example this forum or the developers blog, there the callback will be called for every clicked link. So in the end my hopes are not that high, that we will be able to fix it on our end, as we just use the web component provided by the system.



  • On 17/08/2017 at 09:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Hello Andreas,

    thanks for taking the time!

    Well, I have to admit, I really hoped that the error was in my code, I already had the sus**cion that there could be something wrong with the page itself, but that complicates things now.

    I am just confused, that it seems to work completly fine on windows.
    Anyway, I will contact the site administrator and hope for the best.

    Again, thank you for checking!

    Florian


Log in to reply