editor window

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 13/02/2003 at 15:51, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.012 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Is it possible to get the EditorWindow outside a toolplugin? I couldn´t find anything at all. Only for 2D as it seems.
    Thanks
    Samir

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 13/02/2003 at 16:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:

and outside the scenehookdata. :)

On 13/02/2003 at 17:33, xxxxxxxx wrote:

BaseDraw* BaseDocument() ::GetActiveBaseDraw(void)  

is not what you are looking for, is it?
    Sorry I guess the EditorWindow class exists only to add some more interactive functions and because of that ít is only passed to ToolPluginData. Mikael?

Ciao,
    Marcus

On 14/02/2003 at 03:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

is not what you are looking for, is it?
    -----------------------------------
    no :)
    Sorry I guess the EditorWindow class exists only to add some more interactive functions and because of that ít is only passed to ToolPluginData. Mikael?
    You don´t have to apologize. Or did you convinced MAXON to do so? ;))
    Well, but it´s not clear to me why it´s not available in more functions. It´s even available in the Scenehookdata that is, when used wrongly, a potential crash buddy. Real pity....
    Best
    Samir

On 15/02/2003 at 13:02, xxxxxxxx wrote:

No, it's not available anywhere else than where it is. I think this is mainly due to drawing pipeline reasons.

On 16/02/2003 at 05:31, xxxxxxxx wrote:

hmm, thanks.
    Samir

On 17/02/2003 at 07:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

It´s even available in the Scenehookdata that is, when used wrongly, a >potential crash buddy. Real pity....
    scenehook is safe as house , just be carefull with it and itll be your freind for life :)

PAul

On 17/02/2003 at 07:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

scenehook is safe as house , just be carefull with it and itll be your freind for life :)
    ------------------------
    you know this is a contradiction in itself?! :) safe as house.....just be careful ;) But yes, you are of course right, if you´re careful nothing should happen at all. But not anybody is that careful and playing with the scenehook is much more dangerous than i.e. playing with a dialog. That´s what I mean. :)