Offset loop for run cycle scripting issue

• On 23/06/2017 at 05:14, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   r18 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;    PYTHON  ;

---------
    Hi, Im really struggling to find a way to pull off the following in both Python and COFFEE:

I want to be able to take the active object and set all tracks to be  'After: Repeat'   'Repetitions: 20' other than position Z, which I want to set to 'After: Offset Repeat'  'Repetitions: 20'.

I want to be able to create this script so that I can automate creating looping run cycles for a lot of different characters as currently there's a fair few steps whilst doing it manually.

Has anyone any idea how I can affect these attributes through Python or COFFEE?

Ive trawled through the documentation and found that i should be using CLOOP_REPEAT and CLOOP_OFFSETREPEAT but Im obviously using these in the wrong way as Im getting syntax errors.

Thanks in advance!

Keith

• On 26/06/2017 at 07:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Keith,

welcome to the Plugin Café forums 🙂

The animation parameters you want to modify are part of a CTrack, which is stored on an animated object for each animated parameter. Parameters are identified by so called DescID.

In the C++ SDK Docs we have a manual about animation further detailing CTrack, CCurve and CKey. I think it works quite well to explain the basic concepts for Python developers as well. There's also a manual on DescID.

In order to get you going quickly, here's a small script, roughly doing what you want:

import c4d

def main() :
        if op is None: # if no object selected
            return
        # Construct a DescID for the animation track which will be handled differently
        descidPosZ = c4d.DescID(c4d.DescLevel(c4d.ID_BASEOBJECT_REL_POSITION), c4d.DescLevel(c4d.VECTOR_Z))
        # Iterate all CTracks of the active object
        ct = op.GetFirstCTrack()
        while ct is not None:
            descid = ct.GetDescriptionID()
            if descid == descidPosZ:
                ct[c4d.ID_CTRACK_AFTER] = c4d.CLOOP_OFFSETREPEAT
                ct[c4d.ID_CTRACK_AFTER_CNT] = 42
            else:
                ct[c4d.ID_CTRACK_AFTER] = c4d.CLOOP_REPEAT
                ct[c4d.ID_CTRACK_AFTER_CNT] = 20
            ct = ct.GetNext()
        c4d.EventAdd()

if __name__=='__main__':
        main()

Also I'd like to suggest to stick with Python instead of COFFEE. It's way more powerful than COFFEE.

Final note, I have moved this thread to the Python sub-forum.